Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Precious times

Things I will really miss when they are gone so I try very hard to enjoy every second of them:


When I sing Ethan his lullaby (the second and third verse of "Away in a Manger" put to my own use) he always coos/sings along with me. It is so sweet as he nestles into me that I often delay putting him down a little longer at times knowing this could end any day now. Just last Sunday he put this talent to new use, one that made his mother try very hard not to laugh out loud. We were singing the sacrament hymn while Ethan walked on the floor by the bench. Suddenly he put his head back on the bench and started "singing" very loudly along with everyone.

When Jackson gets out of preschool and sees me standing on the sidewalk his eyes light up and he literally runs down to me and throws himself in my arms while he says "Mommy!" I love that he is so excited to see me and doesn't care who knows it. I know one day he will be too "cool" for this so I treasure every single time this happens. I also love our car rides home from preschool as he fills me in on what happened that day. It feels like it is just our time to bond and I love it.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I love those special times!