Saturday, May 14, 2011
Dude, you know you're in trouble when a sad Barney song makes you cry
All last week I was nauseous, no fever or chills or food poisoning to think it came from. I kept thinking it would go away but day after day this mild "I just don't feel good" This thought kept running through my head, you know it ran through yours as soon as I said I was nauseous all week. But.......I CAN"T be!! I have taken measures to ensure that not happening, I don't want more kids, sure I'd love a little girl but two boys is what I got and I think that is all I can do. But I've heard once you have two adding another isn't as big a deal, but where would the baby sleep? Can I handle no more sleep again?? Finally I took a pregancy test and when it came back negative (sorry to burst your bubble if you were thinking different) I have to admit I had mixed feelings but in all honesty it made it more clear to me that I am done. Our family feels complete. I really do love being pregnant and wouldn't mind doing that again, I just don't want to raise any more kids. Emotionally, stress wise, I am done. I feel a real peace that our little family is moving on to different adventures like keep theboys from killing themselves and each other while they jump from couch to couch and find 25 seconds to talk to your spouse in between the kids needing something. So maybe I needed to feel sick to feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh! I was so hoping it was positive! But not for you, for me. I just love babies. But babies only last so long and you have to raise children, who turn into toddlers, then preschoolers, then gradeschoolers, teenagers, young adults, parents! Aaagh! Don't think about it too much. I don't. That's how I get through the day.
For as much as I was also hoping is was positive, it was also for me. I wouldn't have to raise that child. I would have a hundred babies, if they stayed babies. For me- baby stage has been the easiest. I may be sleep deprived and I have a colicky baby that never stopped crying, but that was still easy in comparison to parenting a 7-8-9 year old. Some days, it's too much.
p.s. It doesn't even take Barney to make me cry. The older I get the more emotional I become (if that's even possible)
I go back and forth on wanting more babies. I've kind of decided that (for me and many others anyway) it's a normal part of life.
I like the IDEA of another baby, but not the actuality of one. So, that said, I'm sorry, and congratulations.
Post a Comment