Saturday, September 24, 2011
To be called a mother
Our family has been passing around a cold that it seems a lot of people have right now. A few days ago Ethan and I were both pretty bad and I was holding and rocking him. He was pressed close to me and calming down and all the sudden I realized what an honor this was. That I was the one he wanted to hold him, rock him, be with him. That I was the one who got to bring this child into the world. All of people I am the one privileged to be called his mom. It really hit me at that moment and has stayed with me. I know I am very privileged to have been able to choose to have a child and have it happen when and how I wanted. I have never taken this wonder lightly but it has been imprinted onto my soul many times. I'm glad my cold is going away but I wouldn't trade this time for anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't it moments like that you just want to freeze time and make it last longer? Or somehow remember forever what it was like when they were small and cuddley? I want so badly to keep them that way because it's very hard to snuggle with a 9 year old who's the same size I was when I was 12.
Post a Comment