I saw the title of my blog on a t-shirt once and have ALWAYS wanted a chance to use it.
Before Jackson could say many words he would get my attention by shrieking, a not very fun noise to hear and one I didn't want him to keep doing forever both for my sake and for others in his earshot. So I taught him that if he wanted me to come with him somewhere he should say "Come". He got the idea pretty quickly but just as quickly I realized that didn't exactly teach him politeness. I can imagine others watching this 19-month-old march up to to his mom and with finger pointed determinedly at her say "Come!" would think this was a house run by a baby. Well it is but Mommy does have some input. He is getting better and better at words and pronouncing them. So today I told him if he wanted me to help him or come with him he should say "Please". I wasn't sure if he could say this word and he can't exactly but "peas" was close enough and oh so very cute.
In other news I have recently visualized partially digested peas because Jackson has continued to throw up after getting too worked up about falling down or being put for bed. I'm not sure what to do next but I am going to try a few different things and see if any of them work. One of them is to try afternoon naps or at least quiet time in the afternoon. He takes a nap from around 10-12 (of course today that turned into 12-?) and then is up until his bedtime at 7. I think this is getting to be too long to be awake so although he gave up afternoon naps a long time ago I am going to see if he will at least play quietly in his crib for a half hour or so. Of course his mom wouldn't mind a little quiet time in the afternoon herself so we will see what happens.
1 comment:
Kade was only ever a one nap a day baby. We'd watch Teletubbies at 10:30 and by 11 he was asleep. He'd only sleep for an hour and a half, but he'd go to bed by 7. Try shifting his nap by just an hour and see what happens. And you may have to do it all gradually (like 15-20 min increments) 'cuz 1 hour later than usual sometimes backfires. Then they're too tired and grumpy they can't fall asleep. It's so funny that they can't just go, "Oh. I'm tired. I think I'll lay down for a bit." That's what I do. Well, at least what I'd like to do.
Post a Comment