Monday, April 11, 2011

The birds and the bees and the sea monkey???

So I thought it would be cute to get Jackson sea monkeys a few months back. There is a reason we don't have a real pet and that is my past history of forgetting to feed things. So last week I decided I'd throw out the tank when lo and behold I saw three little "sea monkeys" swimming around. I excitedly showed Jackson who was thrilled to watch them swim. Then a few days ago he wanted to look close so I pulled them close for him. Then he asked "Why are two of them stuck together?" I was throughly confused (I know, I"m a little slow) and went for a look myself. I was pretty sure I knew what was happening now but honestly a little confused because I didn't realize "this" was part of the sea monkey experience for kids to view. So today I put into Google "why are my sea monkeys stuck together" and up comes a bunch of links. Yup, we could soon have up to 20 more little sea monkeys swimming around. Now I just have to distract Jackson from wanting to look at the tank for a few weeks (yes, WEEKS for heaven sakes sea monkey WHY???? do you take that long?? Doesn't the girl sea monkey get seasick...)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

This whole story rocks, from you Googling "why are my sea monkeys stuck together" to "doesn't she get seasick". Wow. Note to self: no sea monkeys!

Emily said...

Ha ha! This is one for a book.

Ya. Sometimes I'm a little slow too when it comes to birds and bees. It took Wayne and science book on ornithology for me to believe stuff about actual birds. For some reason lizards, birds, fish, and other non-mammals didn't actually qualify for "birds and bees." Now I know sea monkey's is on that list.

Emily said...

Ya. I also know I don't write English good.

It should have been "Now I know SEA MONKEYS ARE on that list."

Forgive my stupidity. I do live with lots of children. Most of which don't use proper grammar.

Kari said...

Em, I didn't even notice. I often think it is a miracle our kids learn anything from their exhausted, no adult interaction mommies. I'm still confused about what the "birds and bees" have to do with birds and bees. All I know about bees are they sting me and help flowers grow, what do they have to do with birds?