Friday, April 15, 2011

Get it, Mom, get it?

Jackson likes to tell jokes. Some of them (well, most of them) don't make any sense but they make me laugh really hard. My latest favorite (which he made up all by himself) Why did the banana eat the Oreo Blizzard? Why? Because he wanted to be a banana split! Get it, mom? He adds this to the end of most of his jokes at which point he must, repeat, must, state "Yes, I get it, it's funny!" Sometimes I am required to add slapping my knee or pounding the table to ensure that I indeed found the joke absolutely hilarious, which makes the whole thing even funnier. Posting these little things really has helped me to slow down and enjoy my boys more sometimes. There are still definitely times I am very glad to have them go visit Grandma for a few hours so I don't have to play one more made up game or hear one more scream for MOM! But there also times I take a close look at Ethan's sweet face and marvel at his little nose and mouth and how much like his daddy they are or look at his long, reddish eyelashes and think how the girls will go crazy for him. I look at Jackson's LOOOONG eyelashes and his amazing green eyes and remember again how darling his dimple is when he smiles. I try to remember to enjoy the huge mess of toys that appeared mere minutes after I spent an hour cleaning up the living room because one day they will be gone and I will miss the crazy bright colors boucing cheerfully around the room and the odd things the boys decide to make their toys (the latest is the pots and pans that have been transformed into Super Hero hideouts and garages for toys and are ALL over the house playing these roles). This is a season of life I am so grateful I am able to experience with two great boys, one I know not everyone gets a chance to have which makes me squeeze my boys a little tighter when they decide to slow down and snuggle with mom for a minute.

No comments: