Saturday, August 30, 2008

Power

The pain is gone! The day after I wrote my last posting I woke up to the sweet, sweet feeling of no pain. The entire day I waited and worried the pain would come back and it did not! I know it was the prayers for me and by me that did it. This has furthered my testimony of prayer and also in the Lord's timing.

And now for Jackson stories, which is way people really come to this site. When I put Jackson to bed I leave him with big, long kisses I blow to him and whatever silly saying I come up with that night. One of my favorites is "Night, night handsome prince." Tonight as I was leaving he kept repeating something and I finally realized it was "Nigh han prin." I hope he continues to believe in his mother's words about him and think he is a handsome prince.

Jackson is of the mind that diapers and clothes after bathtime are an optional activity. Today after his bath he hoppped up from the towel I had him on and danced around the room naked. It was so cute I let him for a minute until, yes, you know why I am so grateful my mom bought me PowerShot carpet cleaner.

Another funny bathtime story. A few months ago I was giving Jackson a bath and had left his CinderElmo video running while we were in the bathroom. Midway through the bath Jackson heard the music for his favorite song and quickly put his arms up, insisting he needed out. I brought him out to the living room where he danced to "Step to the right, shake, shake, shake" in all his naked glory. When the song was over he toddled back to the bathroom, ready for the rest of his bath. That was the funniest part of the whole thing, that he wanted to finish his bath, like he just took a dance break and then was back to business.

No comments: